Podengo Central

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Podengo Central

Podengo Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Podengo Central

A place for Podengo owners and fanciers to share information and research the breed in a topical manner. Supported by the APPMGC & APPPC

2 posters

May have rescued a Podengo

Hedgy
    Hedgy

May have rescued a Podengo Empty May have rescued a Podengo

Post  Hedgy Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am

Hello,

We rescued a dog last week for our dog who lost her buddy a month ago. Just fell in love with him, Fritz as did Ollie our dog. We are now wondering if we may have a Podengo medium. He is 40lbs. Having a hard time up loading images, help wanted...lol. As you can see by my profile picture the only difference, I as a novice see is that his ears are droopy. Any comments would be wellcomed. We are in Raleigh , NC. Needless to say he chases suizzles and stands looking upwards, barks a lot and digs. Off to find a training class and maybe on to agility. We think he is about 15 months.
    Great to find this site with so many loving Podengo people, even if he isn't, he has our hearts.

Last edited by Hedgy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding extra information)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

May have rescued a Podengo Empty Re: May have rescued a Podengo

Post  Admin Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Yup posting pictures is not for the faint of heart - if you look at the tool bar you will see several icons to the left of the YouTube Icon. Those are involved in downloading the photos - I'll have to check and make sure I tell you the right sequence but it always has been a 2 or 3 step process. To find out more about the Podengo you can also visit us on the internet at: www.podengo-mediogrande.com and on facebook.

There are less than 200 registered Podengos (medio and grande together) in the US. There were however some dogs imported years ago that have been bred and mixed with other breeds that from time to time produce something more podengoish. If you look at Primitive dogs in general you will see that eventually - dogs default to the primitive look. Your dog appears to come from the part of the country where there have been some others in shelters BUT the shelters move dogs around from state to state so it's hard to know where the source may be.

Thanks for posting.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:37 pm