Podengo Central

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Podengo Central

Podengo Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Podengo Central

A place for Podengo owners and fanciers to share information and research the breed in a topical manner. Supported by the APPMGC & APPPC

3 posters

Podengos Rule!

Podengos Rule! Empty Podengos Rule!

Post  Guest Sun May 09, 2010 9:47 am

Hello fellow Podengo lovers,
    I just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My husband and I adopted a smooth medio Podengo from the SPCA in Toronto 1992. They showed us a picture in a book said they'd never seen the breed before but Kyle was a Podengo. So that's where the love affair with the Podengo started. I can tell lots of funny stories about Kyle, his gentlemanly manner - he would never step on your beach towel or steal your sandwich, his fear of ironing boards and guitars, his hatred of mail and clip boards and his passion for bears. We now live in rural BC and own 2 grande smoothes, Six and Rudy. Six had 8 beautiful pups on April 10th 2010. Yesterday they spent the day in the garden for the first time. What a relief for me, I didn't have to clean up all the piddle! We laughed at the puppies and the cows checking each other out. Our little farm is proof that all animals can live together, the big and the small, the herbivores and the carnivores. Rudy's best friend is a 500 pound calf. They lick each others faces play tag and hide and seek. Rudy will lie on his back and let the calf give him a belly rub! I could go on about how great Podengos are forever but its Mother's Day and we're planning a picnic for Six. Bye for now, Erin.
    dmcarty
    dmcarty

Podengos Rule! Empty Love to hear about the cow and Rudy

Post  dmcarty Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 pm

one day you'll have to post a picture!
    houlaskennels
    houlaskennels

Podengos Rule! Empty Re: Podengos Rule!

Post  houlaskennels Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Yes please post a picture of the cow and the dog, that would be wonderful.

Podengos Rule! Empty Bye bye calf

Post  Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:32 am

Unfortunately I never got a photo of Rudy getting a belly rub. It always happened so fast! The calf in now in greener pastures trying to make friends with a pomeranian (but its not the same).
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Podengos Rule! Empty Rudy and the cow and puppy with the cow

Post  Admin Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:29 pm

[img]https://podengo.forumotion.net/Podengos Rule! Img_2510[/img][img]https://podengo.forumotion.net/Podengos Rule! Img_2310[/img]Erin had sent the pictures to me and I forgot to post - sorry. As you can see - when a Grande is eating there is not much that gets in the way!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Podengos Rule! Empty Cows in the yard - Bears at the fence

Post  Admin Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Podengos Rule! Bears_10Just what a Podengo needs to be happy!
    Erin writes: This little family was tormenting the dogs along the back fence line all day yesterday. They were going ballistic!

Sponsored content

Podengos Rule! Empty Re: Podengos Rule!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am