Podengo Central

Podengo Central

A place for Podengo owners and fanciers to share information and research the breed in a topical manner. Supported by the APPMGC & APPPC

Kennel Names

allison

Kennel Names

Post  allison on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 pm

I have a fun question~ how did people come up with their kennel names? And when they name litters- do you go with a theme, or do the alaphabet or just name the dog or do you let the new owner name it whatever.

Thanks,

Allison Jones

dmcarty

Re: Kennel Names

Post  dmcarty on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Kennel name - I did just what I made fun of when my mom made up the name for our aluminum fishing boat where she took our initials and named the boat. I took my kids initials and played around with them. MI (michael) JO (jonathan) KR (kristen).

Litter names - this litter of Podengos - I used firsts/significants in the US.
    I sometimes start with a theme but then I have a tendancy to drift if a bad pun comes to mind. I started out with the Joker theme (with cards etc) and then came up with Budswizer and that theme was gone......
    I do have friends that had A litter and C litter etc and they saved B for the puppy Back from stud service. If you are planning on a lot of litters I think that makes sense and over 30+ years she is now at double letters. Someone else used A,B,C then added a word so it was kennel name, word - then name.

Evita1

Retrouvaille

Post  Evita1 on Tue May 25, 2010 6:46 pm

I spotted this word during a somewhat dark period but it meant 'rediscovery' & I really liked that.
    I found the wirehired medios way back when wishes were fishes in the early 90's. I didn't have 2 dimes to rub together.
    So I waited through another decade of doing rescue for my breed, the ACD.
    After I learned how to import a horse from Canada I knew I could import a dog. But I had to slog thru some bad times first (pay my dues?!). W/the Internet now it seems so laughable that it ever seemed so hard.
    But it was. Retrouvaille means 'rediscovery.'
    My litters typically have something to do with what's going on at that moment or in our lives or else Mediterranean words that I have
    a fancy for.
    Dogs mostly (in my exp) response to 2 syllable words that end w/a vowel so that's what I'm drawn to.

Sponsored content

Re: Kennel Names

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 pm