Podengo Central

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Podengo Central

Podengo Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Podengo Central

A place for Podengo owners and fanciers to share information and research the breed in a topical manner. Supported by the APPMGC & APPPC

2 posters

Possible Podengo?

JJinTX
    JJinTX

Possible Podengo? Empty Possible Podengo?

Post  JJinTX Wed May 09, 2012 8:47 am

We are fostering this cute little girl. She was listed as a Chi/Basenji mix. I belong on a basenji forum and with their help we thought she looked like a possible corgi/basenji mix. After doing a little research, I came upon the PPP's and saw a resemblance to basenjis and then to my surprise our little foster girl. The only characteristics she shares with the basenji are her yodels, if she is not barking and her self-grooming. Pictures of her are in a flickr account, but since I can't post external links being a new member, there are pictures posted at the basenji forums. just do a search for my posts under the member name jjuds.

Last edited by JJinTX on Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    JJinTX
    JJinTX

Possible Podengo? Empty Here is a link to photos of Brittany

Post  JJinTX Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

JJinTX
    JJinTX

Possible Podengo? Empty 35 views but no comments?

Post  JJinTX Thu May 31, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks for the help
    james ensor
    james ensor

Possible Podengo? Empty Re: Possible Podengo?

Post  james ensor Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:13 am

This looks to me like a Podengo Pequeno. The long pointed ears , white stripe on the forehead white socks and curly tail with its white tip are classic marks. Bear in mind that the Podengo is a a very loose breed, having mostly interbred in the open in their native Portugal. It is likely that other strains of dog became mixed with the Podengos, which the Romans brought to Portugal from the Lebanon.

They display great affection, enormous resilience and are very inquisitive - no doubt traits shared with many other terrier types which were bred often in England for the same role of diving down rabbit burrows for their master`s supper.

Not too many people can readily identify Podengos as they do vary considerably more than say a Jack Russell. That maybe why you did not get a more prompt response.

Sponsored content

Possible Podengo? Empty Re: Possible Podengo?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm