Podengo Central

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Podengo Central

Podengo Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Podengo Central

A place for Podengo owners and fanciers to share information and research the breed in a topical manner. Supported by the APPMGC & APPPC

3 posters

New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas!

PatchworkRobot

New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! Empty New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas!

Post  PatchworkRobot Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Hello!

I don't have a Podengo (yet?). I do have a 9-month old Doberman named Dreizehn. He is my first dog and I am absolutely in love. He's perfect in every way! Well, he's perfect for me.

I took him to a UKC show a few weeks back and I saw the cutest little dog in the sighthound group. I've worked with dogs for 6+ years and had never seen one that looked quite like him. So I approached the handler and she explained that he was a small (forgot the correct word) wire-haired Podengo. They are, quite possibly, one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen. Once my boy is 2 years old or so I plan to get another dog. So far I've only been considering a Pembroke Welsh Corgi or a Border Collie but now I want to look into a medium sized wire-haired podengo. Anyways, that's why I'm here! I want to learn all that I can about the breed to see if they would fit with me and my current dog. I'll probably read threads much more than post in them myself.

Here are a few pictures of my boy.
    New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! 5968367763_82db394614_z New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! 5968368075_9d00b16f10_z
    Brokenhalterfarm
    Brokenhalterfarm

New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! Empty Re: New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas!

Post  Brokenhalterfarm Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:33 am

Welcome to the Forum!
    Bella
    Bella

New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! Empty Lovely Doberman

Post  Bella Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Lovely doberman. Obviously has a great temperament. The small Podengos are call Pequenos and they are very nice dogs. The mid size are Medios and the large size, about the size of a Doberman, are Grandes.

Sponsored content

New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas! Empty Re: New (and hopefully future owner) from Texas!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am